1. In 2015, the first batch students of “Internationalization experimental classes of pharmic undergraduates” were recruited, and SPST adopted the internationalized talent training mode to pilot, implementating the " whole english training scheme" and the whole english teaching, in adddition, part of the courses using the original english teaching materials.
2. Set up a lab rotation system: At first, 2015 Master studnets conducted three lab rotations for a total of six weeks after enrolled. Whole English training scheme has been enabled for freshmen in September 2015.
3. International Joint Research Center for Molecular Science of TJU was approved to be the first batch of International scientific cooperation bases.
4. “The investigation of the therapeutic effects and mechanism as well as improvement of quality of gastrointestinal Ann pill of Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) large varieties" got the second prize of science and technology awards at the combination academy of traditional Chinese and western medicine (first unit), Gao wenyuan(first).
5.In 2015, Erik Sorenson, the professor of Princeton university, was selected into the “Short-term thousand national foreign experts plan”; Su Jihao PhD was selected into “Thousand national Youth Talents Program”; In addition, two professors were entered into the final review of “Thousand national foreign experts plan”, three professors entered into the the final review of “Thousand foreign experts plan of Tianjin”, four scholars entered into the final review of “Thousand Youth Talents Program of Tianjin”, Now awaiting for the results the reviews. Professor Chen Haixia was selected into the first level group of “131 talent” plan of Tianjin; Du Yunfei researcher was selected into "The Beiyang scholars plan of TJU.
6. In 2015, for all teachers, SPST has adoptted the new examination methods to complete the year-end appraisal. And Fan Aiping techer went to the university of Massachusetts fo further study.
7. SPST and The royal chemical society RSC held the “International Symposium on chemical action mechanism of Antibacterial agents”; Holding the 3rd Symposium on Modern health science. Signing a memorandum of cooperation with the Northwestern university and university of Zurich, Switzerland.
8. Hire the President of the university of Zurich, Michael Hengartner, to be the honorary professor of TJU.
9.In 2015, SPST was granted the honorary title of “Demonstration unit of tianjin introducing foreign intelligence achievement”
10. Perfect the governance structure, 12 working committee of SPST were formed in 2015.
11. April 21st, 2015, New media center of SPST was formally established, total clicks of WeChat platform of SPST reached nearly 140,000, and the articles were shared more than 8000 times.
12. In 2015, SPST was firstly approved the “International exchange programs for excellent undergraduate students majored in pharmacy” proposed by Tianjin university and university of Sao Paulo, planning to send two excellent undergraduate students, actually sent 2, implementation rate reached to 100%.
13. In 2015, SPST sent 9 students for overseas cominication, 4 undergraduate students and master studnets went to Germany, the United States, Sweden and other countries for short of graduation design and learning communication, 3 PhD were approved into the Master program funded by country, repectively went to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Medicine school of Harvard University, McMaster university, Canada's to compelete the study of Joint training plan for one year.
14. In 2015, SPST received four short interns and three degree students to study in our school.Three 2015 level doctoral students were respectively from Egypt, Nepal, and the United States.
15. The graduation thesis of PhD Li Chao and Ma Lishuai was Excellent dissertations of Tianjin.
16. The program results of “The study of the interaction of the BAFF and small peptide inhibitors by molecular dynamics method” completed by Xuan Liyan and other students won the municipal special award at the Tianjin 13th "challenge cup" competition of college students' extracurricular academic science and technology works, then, the winning team, as the only one representative team, took part in the 14th"challenge cup" competition of college students' extracurricular academic science and technology works on behalf of TJU and finally won the third prize across the country.
17.June, 2015, Art troupe of SPST was formally established. Set up QQ group and WeChat group for alumni of TJU.
1. January, 2014, SPST was approved to be the “Construction unit of Experiment Education Demonstration Center of Tianjin ordinary high school”.
2. SPST was approved to join in Key basic research projects of Ministry of science and technology (973 plan), professor Jay Siegel was the chief scientist. SPST was approved to join in A special key projects for basic work of the ministry of science and technology, professor Gao Wenyuan was the chief scientist.
3. SPST was approved to be the pilot college of "Curriculum quality improvement plan" of Tianjin University in 2014.
4. SPST held 2nd Symposium on Modern medicine science.
5. One people was selected into "The Beiyang scholars. Youth backbone teachers" plan in 2014: Associate professor Wu Jing. J Fraser Stoddart professor was selected into the B-class of “Thousand national foreign experts plan” .
6. The second prize of “Science and technology prize of China Medicine Institute” in 2014 (Participating unit), Wu Jing (Fourth).
7. July, 2014, Shen Giaxiang academician donated 1 million yuan, setting up "Shen Giaxiang education fund".
8. Li Youxin, a teacher of SPST, went to the university of Miami for further study in 2014.
9. December,18th, 2014, SPST of Tianjin University held the second congress of the communist youth league.
10. In 2014, SPST was successfully selected into the “Promotion plans for Internationalization demonstration school of universities” proposed by State Administration of foreign experts affairs and the Ministry of Education, being one of the first four pilot colleges across the country.
1. January 10th, Professor Jay Siegel was employed as Dean of SPST, who has become the first foreign dean of Tianjin university in nearly 60 years.
2. The first prize of “Science and Technology Progress Prize of the state Ministry of Education” in 2013 (Participating unit), Su Yanfang (Fifth); The first prize of “Science and Technology Progress Prize of the 3th Chinese tea association” in 2013 (Participating unit), Chen Haixia (Second).
3. April 28th, SPST of Tianjin university and Tianjin Veterinary Drug Inspection Institute established experimental base.
4. In September, we SPST won the first prize of " Excellent teaching achievements of Tianjin university "
5. In October, Huang Hanhan, the student of SPST, was awarded the honorary titile of “The outstanding graduation thesis of the the fourth session of common colleges and universities in tianjin”. Graduation thesis Topic: The study of antidiabetics and anti-fatigue effects of astragalus. Tutor: Professor Wenyuan Gao.
6. One people was selected into “Thousand national foreign experts plan” (Kim Baldridge Professor), two people were selected into “Thousand national Youth Talents Program” (Mark Olson PhD and Luo Jiayan PhD), Profeesor Gao Qingzhi was selected into “Thousand national Talents Program” as Entrepreneurship professor, Profeesor Chen Haixia was selcted into the second level group of “131 talent” plan, Associate professor Zhao Yanjun and Huang Jianhui were included in "The Beiyang scholars. Youth backbone teachers" plan.
7. In October, Xu Shan, the member of Communist Youth League Committee of SPST, was named as the excellent counselor in Tianjin.
8. November 14th, building the teaching practice base in Tianjin Drug Inspection Institute.
9. November 15th, President Jiajun Li of tianjin university attended the Opening ceremony for the Lab of molecular design and synthesis of SPST.
10. December 5th-8th, SPST held 1st Symposium on Modern medicine science.
11. December 11st, SPST of Tianjin University and Chemical research institute of Sao Paulo University ( Brazil ) signed a cooperation agreement.
12. Wu Jing and Chen lei, two teachers of SPST funded by Government for Overseas Study, respectively went to university of southern California and California, Santa Barbara.
1. Professor Lei Xiaoguang won the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars.
2. Prof. Lei Xiaoguang became team member of the “Tianjin City 131 Talents Project at First Level” and the first “2012 Peiyang Scholar of Tianjin University.” Three teachers, Dr. Du Yunfei, Chen Haixia and Fan Aiping were awarded the first “Peiyang Scholar–Young Core Faculty of Tianjin University.”
3. The evaluation of the Tianjin Key Laboratory of SPST was successfully completed.
1. Professor Jay Siegel was elected as National 1000-Plan Scholar.
2. Professor Gao Qingzhi was elected as Tianjin 1000-Plan Scholar (entrepreneurial).
3. The SPST won a National Award (second class) of Science and Technology Progress of China.
4. Dr. Du Yunfei and Dr. Chen Haixia were sponsored to study as visiting scholars at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the University of California, Berkeley, respectively.
5. The Second Party Branch Committee of SPST was established on April 15th, 2011; Ms. Feng Cuiling, Dr. Chen Haixia, Dr. Du Yunfei, Dr. Wu Jing and Ms. Xu Shan joined as members; Ms. Feng Cuiling was appointed as General Secretary.
1. The SPST established the “Modern Enterprise-University-Institute Union for TCM Modernization,” jointly with Tianjin Tasly Pharmaceutical Company, Limited, Yangtze River Pharmaceutical Group, Xiuzheng Pharmaceutical Group Company, Limited, Peking University, Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, and Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
2. Professor R. Hung was elected National 1000-Plan Scholar.
3. Professor Lei Xiaoguang was awarded “Trans-Century Training Programme Foundation for Talents” by the Ministry of Education.
4. The SPST started the primary discipline professional master’s degree program of Pharmacy.
5. The Tianjin Key Laboratory of SPST successfully passed inspection.
6. The SPST sponsored the “2010 Annual Meetings of the Advisory Committee of Pharmaceutical Administration & Academic Forum on Development of Medical & Pharmaceutical Science / The New Medical Reform Policy and Drug Administration.”
7. The SPST sponsored the “Second Academic Forum on Cultivation of Independent Innovation by Undergraduates Majoring at Tianjin Pharmacy School.”
8. Dr. Wei Jing won an“Excellent Teaching Prize for Excellent Young Teachers in Tianjin.”
9. Dr. Yang Xuedong departed for a one-year research study as a visiting scholar at MIT, at the government’s expenses.
1. The Ministry of Education of China gave the “2009 Bilingual Teaching Demonstration Course” to the Biochemistry” course.
2. Professor Sun He was elected National 1000-Plan Scholar (entrepreneurial).
3. Professor Su Yanfang was awarded “Trans-Century Training Programme Foundation for Talents” by the Ministry of Education.
4. Han Peijun was awarded “CCTV National English contest bronze award winner.
5. The SPST sponsored the “2009 International Symposium on Crystal Engineering & Drug Delivery System” in association with the State Research Center for Industrial Crystallization Technology.
6. The Professors Council, the Teaching Management Committee, the Engineering Education Committee, the Study Steering Committee, the Safety & Management Committee, the Facilities Management Committee and the Students Education & Consultant Committee were established.
1. The Ministry of Education of China designated the “Medicinal Chemistry” course as “2008 Bilingual Teaching Demonstration Course.”
2. The school won (third place) a second-class National Award of Science and Technology Progress, a third Prize for Progress in Science and Technology, and an Award for Extraordinary Combined Industry-Academia-Research Contribution issued by Tianjin Municipal Government.
3. Professor Chen Haixia obtained a third “2008 Teaching Prize for Excellent Young Teachers of Tianjin.”
4. Professors Philippe Andre, Wang Zheng and Su Yanfang went to the School of Pharmacy at Brussels University for academic exchange.
1. “Tianjin Key Laboratory for Modern Drug Delivery & High-Efficiency” was jointly established by the SPST and the State Research Center of Industrialization for Crystallization Technology.
2. The “Pharmacology” course was designated “2007 Bilingual Teaching Demonstration Course” by the Ministry of Education of China.
3. The “2007 Undergraduate Teaching Assessment” conducted by the Ministry of Education was successfully completed.
1. The Resource Management Committee and Safety Management Committee were established, respectively.
2. The “Student Mentoring Scheme” was started to assist freshmen students.
3. The SPST established its Archives Rom to systematically record and compile all major events since the school’s foundation.
1. The SPST sponsored the first “Sino-US Chemistry Professors Conference / Frontiers of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry.” 11 chemists from American universities and professors and experts from about 30 universities and institutes of mainland China attended the conference. Mr. Cheng Jinpei, Vice Minister of the Ministry of Science and Technology of China attend the opening ceremony.
2. Professor Gao Wenyuan was given the “Trans-Century Training Programme Foundation for Talents” Award by the Ministry of Education.
3. The SPST sponsored an international symposium on Pharmaceutical Administration, with the participation of about 20 drug evaluation experts and pharmaceutical entrepreneurs from Switzerland, France and the USA, as well as pharmaceutical experts from China. Mr. Yang Dongliang, Vice-Mayor of Tianjin Municipality, met with the conference guests.
1. The “Joint Laboratory of Medical Antibody” was officially established by the National Foundation for Cancer Research (USA) and Harvard Medical School.
2. On September 7th, 2004, the first Party Branch Committee of the SPST was established, with Ms. Feng Cuiling, Mr. Chen Ligong, Mr. Lu Hechuan, Dr. Song Jian and Dr. Su Yanfang as its members, and Ms. Feng Cuiling as its General Secretary.
3. A second-class Award of Science and Technology Progress was granted by the Ministry of Education of China, and a Second Prize of Progress in Science and Technology was issued by Tianjin Municipality.
4. In September 2004, the Tibetan Medicine Research Center of Tianjin University was established.
1. The Party Branch of SPST was established, with Ms. Feng Cuiling as its General Secretary. and in September 2003, wing A of Tianjin University’s building No. 24 was put into use by the SPST.
2. In November 2003, the SPST obtained the accreditation for MS training in Pharmaceutics and Pharmacognosy, and established the self-setting secondary discipline master’s and doctorate degree programs in Pharmaceutical Administration.
3. In July 2003, Dr. Su Yanfang obtained the Servier Young Investigator Award in Medicinal Chemistry.
4. In September 2003, the newly built “Pharmaceutical Experimental & Teaching Center” started operation. Altogether seven projects on “Teaching Reform and Research” were successively initiated.
5. The “Undergraduate Tutorial System” started to be implemented.
6. The Ministry of Education of China granted a Nomination Award (second class) of Science and Technology Progress.
7. On August 16th, 2003, Mr. Yuan Longping, member of China Academy of Sciences, visited the SPST and was appointed as Honorary Professor of Tianjin University.
8. On October 2nd 2003, Mr. Wang Zhaokai (National Academy of Engineering, USA) visited SPST and was awarded the honorary professor by Tianjin University.
1. Professor Bao Jianmin was awarded the Yangtze Scholar Distinguished Scholarship by the Ministry of Education.
2. On January 23 2002, the SPST held a symposium on “Fostering New Cultivation Models for Talents in Medicine and Pharmacy Schools”, with the attendance of Mr. Yang Dongliang, Vice-Mayor of Tianjin, Mr. Cheng Jinpei, member of the China Academy of Sciences and Vice Minister of Science and Technology, Mr. Henry N. C. Wong from the Chinese University of Hong Kong and member of the China Academy of Sciences, as well as five more Academicians.
3. Dr. Gilbert Stork, member of National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, was awarded an honorary doctorate degree by Tianjin University and was appointed Honorary Director of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry at SPST.
1. The School of Pharmaceutical Science and Technology (SPST) was founded in July 2000 and began its operation in April 2001.
2. Professor Zhao Kang was appointed as Founding Dean, with Professor Shen Jiaxiang, member of the China Academy of Sciences, as Dean Emeritus.
3. The Ministry of Education awarded Professor Zhao Kang with the Yangtze Scholar Distinguished Scholarship.
4. In November 2001, the SPST obtained the accreditation for MS training in Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Analysis.
5. The SPST obtained a National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars and one Key Project of Chinese Ministry of Education.