Location: Professor Jon Antilla’s organic chemistry and medicinal chemistry
laboratory and office at the School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Technology
(SPST) in Tianjin University (TJU).
Necessary Background and Qualifications:
• PhD in organic chemistry or a closely related field (pharmaceutical sciences)
where the investigations relied heavily on organic synthesis.
• 1) The development of novel methodology for chemical synthesis and its
potential application to medicinal chemistry.
• 2) A more dedicated and direct medicinal chemistry project with a clear
pharmaceutical target. The work will include novel entry into a class of
pharmacologically active targets and the medicinal chemistry to improve the
efficacy and potential of such targets.
• International level salary (13,800 RMB per month, but more depending on
experience). Note that taxes will be taken out from this amount in accordance
with the laws of the Chinese government.
• Inexpensive and spacious postdoctoral housing on campus.
• Professor Antilla can utilize his connections to help in further work abroad or
within China if the applicant serves at least one year as a postdoc.
Professor Jon Antilla
TJU/SPST Building 24
Phone: 186-9805 5848